- How do I book a home?
- You can put in your dates in the calendar on home page and it will give you all home available or you can go to the drop down menu and pick which category you are looking for and compare homes. Click the button BOOK IT button and that will get you to the form to fill out.. After you book our team will send you a confirmation email and security waiver for you to sign and send back.
You can call our office at 715-686-2126 or 715-892-5857 and a receptionist will be glad to help you.
- Is booking online secure?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Can I bring my pet with me?
- We offer several homes, some of which allow pets and some do not. You can either look at our properties online by clicking on the "vacation rentals" tab above and see if the home you are looking at allows pets. Or you can call our office at 715-686-2126 or 715-892-5857 and a receptionist would love to help find a home that is just right for you and your pet.
- What are the benefits of a vacation home rental?
- NWHR is available 24/7 for all your vacation needs. NWHR takes the garbage for you so you don't have to. Our vacation homes are stocked in such a way that you always feel like you are coming "home" to your "vacation home" rather than returning to a small hotel room. Our homes have full kitchens, with some homes having game rooms, firepits and BBQ grills. You will be able to enjoy a full service home while you are on vacation rather than a small, cramped hotel room.
Do we need to bring our own Linens & Towels?
Please bring your beach towel and we will take care of the rest.Our homes are supplied with everything you will need.
We just arrived at the Property and the home is NOT what we expected.
NWHr takes every measure to provide our guests with accurate and detailed information pertaining to the property so our guests are not unpleasantly surprised. Please be sure you review the virtual tour, floor plans , interactive map and descriptions prior to arrival. NWHR properties are individually owned, and as per our owner contracts and your lease agreement, refunds cannot be given and we cannot transfer guest to other properties.
What should I do upon arriving at the property?
Upon arriving at the property, take a moment to read the information provided to you. Then make an inspection of the property and note any damages, needed repairs (please don't wait to tell us when you leave) etc to our office within 24 hrs.
Arrival Time & Departure
In the summer season, NWHR weekly vacation homes have two check-in days: Friday & Saturday. Your home's individual description your confirmation will specify the check-in day that applies to your house. Access to your home is 3:00pm on day of check-in. With the size and complexity of our homes, our housekeepers need every minute to ensure that your vacation home is clean. Please do not interfere with their work or pressure our staff to allow you entry before 3pm. It's a large job, and we all do our best to get you into a clean and inviting home. In the off-season (after Labor Day and prior to Memorial Day) check in times can often be more flexible.
Departure The standard checkout time is 9:00 am promptly, on the day of your departure. We’re sorry, but we cannot offer late checkout in the summer months. In the off-season (after Labor Day and prior to Memorial Day), check out times can often be more flexible. Additional charges may apply if housekeeping has to be rescheduled and you are not promptly out of the home by 9:00 am.
Please follow the detailed instructions within your lease agreement or on the automated e-mail reminder you will receive the day prior to checkout.
I would like to book this property again for next year, or consider another NWHR home.
Please contact our office about our advanced booking program, or see the link online under Rental Information.
Can I bring my dog?
There is no need to leave your furry friend in a cramped kennel while you are enjoying the Northwoods. There are many homes that welcome your dog to vacation with you. In most homes, pets are limited to two domestic, housebroken dogs. Let us know when making your reservation by clicking pet. Please abide by the pet rules, which will be in your Welcome packet. Pets in non-pet homes are strictly forbidden and will result in eviction. Pets in pet homes must be registered on your lease agreement and paid for prior to your arrival.
Do you allow any other animals?
We’re sorry, it’s not that we don’t like cats, rabbits, birds, or snakes, but due to allergies and other conditions, we allow only dogs in our properties.
I am allergic to animals. Does non-pet friendly mean there has never been a pet in the home?
A home advertised as non-pet friendly is an owner preference and does not necessarily mean a pet has not been in the home. If you have pet allergies, speak to a reservationist. NWHR cannot guarantee any home to be allergen free or that even if the home is not pet friendly, the owner or guests of the owner does not have a dog or cat that frequents the home.